Morgan knew that the boys were going home to Kansas for a bit. Sam had told her that he wanted to visit her mother’s grave. She was going to go the Roadhouse and talk to Ashe. She knew that he might be able to help her find out more answers. The Roadhouse was always a great place to hang out.
The parking lot was empty when she got there. Which was not that weird considering that it was mid afternoon. The wooden doors creaked in the usual way and brought a flood of memories of Kisho to her. Ashe was asleep on the pool table and she could hear Ellen and Jo in the back. She kicks the pool table and Ashe sat up.
“Wwwhhatt?! Oh, it’s you. The only girl alive who can drink me under the table.”
“Nice to see you too Ashe.”
“Is that Morgan? Well give me a hug sugar.” Morgan ran towards the closest woman she had to a mother. She only got to see Ellen about once a year. When Kisho would come to America for a week during the summer. But she had always liked Ellen.
“Agh Ellen, it is good to see you.”
“I am so sorry about Kisho.”
“Yeah, well.”
“But it brought you here. So what can we do for you?”
“I was hoping that Ashe could do his computer magic for me. I am trying to find some people.”
“What kind of people?” Morgan looked at Ellen. She knew that Ellen knew what she was. Kisho had told her, just like he had told John.
“People that had parents die in a fire when they were young. I think that it has something to do with the recent underworld currents.”
“What do you think is about to happen?” Ashe was up now and looking at her while he spoke.
“It is coming. The underworld is in an uproar. Possessions are up, and then there is going to be a dead zone. I need to find out as much as I can about yellow eyes, so that I can help them to avoid whatever is going to happen.”
“Give me the numbers.” Morgan whistled and Bayla padded over and she pulled a notebook from the harness bags. Ashe looked them over.
“I can give you answer in about 5 hours on the people, and 17 on the other signs.”
“Thanks Ashe. So Ellen, what can I do to help while I wait?”
“Come talk to me for a while. Jo is stocking up for tonight.” Ellen walked over to a table and Morgan sat down opposite her.
“Kisho called after your fiancĂ© died.”
“Yeah, I got the card, thanks for that.”
“Least I could do sugar. What I want to know is about Sam.”
“Ellen you know I can’t tell you anything.”
“Do they trust you?”
“Not yet. But once I get those names, hopefully I can give them enough information that they will.”
“How’s Gaea?”
“Fine. I talked to her the other day. I miss England though. She had the greatest place. It was the only time I felt truly at peace. She begged me to stay. I am completely safe there since it is scared ground, but I have to find answers.” Ellen nodded. She always knew that Morgan would want to find the same answers that the Winchesters were looking for.
“So what did you think of the Winchesters? If I remember correctly, you had a crush on Dean when you were little.”
“Yeah, but he remembers me as Kura, before I could use my given name, and he is just as handsome as ever.”
“But it is Sam isn’t it.”
“How did you…”
“I have a daughter. And I know you well enough to know that you will go for the sensitive one that can take of himself, and not the bad one.”
“Yeah, well, I really don’t have time for that right now. I can’t be emotionally attached right now.” Ellen was about to say something, but held back.
“I know that you don’t trust them Ellen. But they are not their father. And he was a good man who made a mistake. Besides, if it is my time, then it wont matter who is there to help me.”
“When did you get so wise?”
“Eastern philosophy. Does wonders.” Jo came in and ran over to Morgan. Morgan was the only person who could beat her at the shotgun game. Not to mention she was a female hunter. Morgan helped with the tables and what not that night. She stayed in her Jeep even though Ellen insisted she stay inside. She was comfortable there. And the weather was nice. Bayla curled up beside her and sleep overcame her as she stared at the protection symbols drawn on the roof.
Her dreams were filled with images. Images that did not make sense. Bells and blood, a chalkboard, an iron spike in her hand. Pain and terror filled her. When she woke up she did not remember the dream.
******

No comments:
Post a Comment